Welcome to the website dedicated to the INTERNATIONAL VILLAGE project.
We are proud to say that this project is unique in its scale.
This project is an interesting alternative to traditional school trips organised in the participants’ home country as well as trips to England where students don’t really have a chance to speak English.
The main idea of the INTERNATIONAL VILLAGE project is:
Participants from different countries meet in a hotel located in Slovakia and stay there for 7 days. During that time they take part in different activities such as language workshops with native speakers from USA, UK, Canada and Australia, sports activities, art and intercultural activities as well as workshops about EU and many other interesting activities.
Through this project they will have a chance to meet their peers from other countries and make new international friendships, get to know them better, the music they listen, the idols they have etc. It will enable them to get to know the cultures of other nations. The project will also make them more open-minded and tolerant and will show them that they are not much different from their peers from other countries, and that although they speak different languages they are very much alike.
We know that through being together, sharing and cooperating in different activites, they will overcome all prejudices against other nations or races. and break their stereotypes about other cultures which they have
The Project is targeted at teenagers aged 14-17, who can speak English well enough to communicate (at least A2 level).
The official language of the INTERNATIONAL VILLAGE project is English, which means that all the activities will be led in English by native speakers from USA, Canada and UK. The participants will be obliged to use that language all the time throughout their stay. It will help them break the barrier of shyness when speaking English what is a great problem for those who learn the language. There is no beaucracy involved in registering the group to the project. Only 2 documents are required to register a group. Only 2 x A4 sheets of paper ….. More info in REGISTRATION
(140 Euro of advance payment + 75 Euro in Slovakia on the 1st day of Project)
7-15 students in a group- we cover the cost of board and lodging for 1 teacher
16-30 students in a group- we cover the cost of board and lodging for 2 teachers
the participation fee includes:
• 6 nights in the Hotel Sorea** and use of all its facilities like the indoor swimming pool, table tennis, billiards, darts etc.
• full board (breakfast, dinner and supper)
• language workshops with native speakers
• participation in the sports, arts, and other activities from the project itinerary
• board and lodging for 1 teacher for a group of 7-15 students
• board and lodging for 2 teachers for a group of 16-30 students
the participation fee excludes:
• tickets to “Aqua City” (about 10 EURO/person).
• entrance tickets and local guides during trips (about 8 EURO/person ).
• transport to and from the hotel.
• transport during trips.
• insurance for participants and teachers.
• board and lodging for driver(s). The cost for 1 driver for the whole stay is 140 Euro. (In case you come to SK with your own bus)
The minimum number of students in a group is 7 and the maximum number of students is 30. The group may of course consist of different number of students. It doesn’t have to be 7 or 30. The group may consist for example of 11 or 17 or 26 students . The important thing to remember is that the minimum number of students in a group should be 7 and the maximum number of students is 30.
In 2018 we will organize 2 sessions of the Project.